Friday, 14 August 2009

Good and Bad News....... Grrrrrrr

First the bad news...........

I was referred to Queens Square Neurological Hospital a while ago and my appointment was on Tuesday. I had 2.5hrs of tests on my lower legs and arms (I have developed foot drop in my right and left feet) - it was a very bizarre procedure where they tested my nerves and muscles - it was uncomfortable but bearable. Then I saw the physiotherapist who fitted me with a foot brace which, although weird, kinda resolved my foot drop in my right foot and then I saw the consultant who said he'd call me on Thursday with the results. Thursday came and the doc called me to tell me that I had Nerve Compression problems which could be related to my previous morbid obesity, it could be "just one of those things" or it could be hereditary. I gotta go for DNA blood tests as some point to determine whether it is hereditary or not. There is NO treatment and the condition MAY improve. Dead upset about this.

Now the good news.......

I had a letter from Homerton Hospital to say that I had been refereed to the plastic surgery team and asking me to ring for an appointment! The appointment is this Monday at 7PM!!!! Am dead excited and I have already got the Hampshire PCT guidelines to refer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment