Wednesday, 18 March 2009

A day out at Homerton

I met up with a few WLS friends at Homerton Hospital today in readiness for my Baratric Dietitian appointment at 3.20pm.

I managed a jacket potato in the canteen and then we went down to the outpatients department.

I was weighed and had lost 1 stone since my last appointment at the very end of January and I was VERY disappointed - I blame my volume of Snack a Jack intake and have vowed NEVER to buy them again as they are way to easy to eat and are empty calories.

I was advised to try eat some fruit and (I bought some little individual packets of ready sliced grapes and apples on the way home) veg and to vary my diet - easier said than done when the safe food goes down so well.

To recap, I can now eat:

  • Chicken
  • Well Cooked Pasta
  • Tuna (and am loving the weight-watchers ones!)
  • Low-Cal and Low-Fat dressings
  • Potatoes
  • Snack-a-Jacks, d'oh!
  • Ryvita - Rye version
  • Lactofree Milk, Cheese, yog's and Cream Cheese
  • Weetabix & Rice Krispies
So doing ok now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment