I was entitled to WLS as my BMI was over 40 and I had co-morbidities which would improve with weight-loss.
My Co-morbidities are Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol.
My funding was approved in 5 days from when my PCT got the request (Monday) to when they met for the meeting (Friday) re. exceptional funding requests. I was lucky as I had a good relationship with the PCT lady in my borough and had emailed her periodically for updates etc.
Most PCT's meet monthly to discuss funding for WLS, I was lucky since the request arrived the week of the meeting plus the lady I was dealing with was so lovely since she seemed to understand my plight and my journey I had been on.
Some people are often turned down for funding - don't give up at all! Appeal the decision in writing to the PCT with a supporting letter or letters from your GP and from your Bariatric Surgeon/team and failing that go to your local MP for support.
Good luck - it is sooooooooooo worth it :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment