I was so depressed this Christmas.
Hearing and smelling all the food being cooked and dished up.
Hearing my family pulling the crackers and laughing whilst they tucked into their food was depressing.
I had Ready Brek for breakfast but it didn't go down too well and I ended up with the full chesty feeling and was sick a few times but it was just froth. Not sure what went wrong but I suspect I either ate too fast or it was not runny enough.
I changed to Stage 3 on 23rd December (3 days early) mainly because I was so bored with the pureed diet and craved for something different. I tried a very well toasted Danish slice of bread which initially went down ok but I felt awful afterwards - I can't get round the "eating slowly" thing even when the item I have to eat is so little. So I went back to ready brek!
Christmas was ok apart from the Turkey dinner everyone else had - I sat that part out choosing to watch the Christmas Special of TOTP's and once they had all eaten and washed up I had my Christmas dinner: A Dutch Crispbread with pate! It went down a treat.
I still have NO hunger nor appetite and I am now eating to live rather than living to eat.
I have lost 2.5st since my op and am now 21st! My clothes are getting too big and I gotta go shop in some groovy charity shops or on eBay in the New Year!
So that's it - my first Christmas Day over (thank god) - next yr I should be able to manage a small Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings.
Rick x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hun, I am 3 years out and spent most of the day vomiting. I have no hunger or appetite and can happily go all day without eating. However, I prefer it this way. I have no guilt after a food bender - something that drove me to bulimia/anorexia when I was younger and getting my skinny ass in size 6 jeans and being whistled at in the street far makes up for any cream donut or cheese pasty! The early days suck, everything is food based, all the adverts on TV/billboards, I still read take away menus like a good novel!
ReplyDeleteHang on in there matey!!!