I am on multi-vitamins for life now which is cool as my diet pre-op was so crazily rubbish I was on them anyhow.
I got this book for Christmas: http://tinyurl.com/99eo8x which, although American, is very interesting to read.
It says that most RnY patients lack Iron (yuk) and Vitamin B12. They recommend buying the Vitamin B12 in Sublingual form (under the tongue) as it is ingested better since the malabsortion us RnY patients have, do not absorb much of it.
I went shopping yesterday but all the health food shops looked at me as if I was stupid and then I found an online shop that sell them for next to nothing: http://tinyurl.com/8vv8yh so I bought 60 tabs and will see how I get on with them.
The book lists loads of Vitamins and Minerals we need to ensure we ingest and also the foods you can find them in.
I stopped taking the iron liquid a few weeks after surgery since it was gross plus it makes our poo black and runny - yuk. I am risking becoming anaemic but would rather try eating the food which is high in iron rather than taking the liquid. Plus am having bloods taken in January; so will see what I am deficient in if anything.
Rick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment