I started this vomiting thing again last night after I made a spoonful of mash with low fat cheese - I think I ate too fast and no sooner was I full I was spewing over the toilet again. Yuk. I figured that later on I would have a slice of Danish Bread well toasted and that came up as well.
I was still feeling sick when I went to bed and when I arose I was feeling much better. I started to eat a mullerlight and after 2 spoonfuls I was sick again. I took some anti-sickness tablets and felt a bit better.
I saw Betty the Diabetic Nurse at Whipps Cross Hospital at 8.15am and I had Ketones in my urine and blood (3.1) and she liaised with the Consultant and they were pretty concerned - I wasn't showing any signs of dehydration but they thought that if I continue to be sick I need to be admitted again.
They took me off my Metformin and I am now only on Glimepiride 2mg in the morning and if after a few days my BM's go up then I am to take 1g of Glucophage SR daily - and I return to see her again on Monday.
I also went for bloods too - the wait was only 20 mins which was good.
I called Homerton to update them and I gotta go for another blood test there on Friday.
I am able to drink fluids and keep my tablet medication down ok (I changed to tablets on Friday) so that is better than how I was last week.
Diabetes, eh!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment