.............will this vomiting ever end???
I got up and my blood sugar was 5.5 which, although ok, is a little low for me. I was not feeling sick either so had 2 Cheese Melts and promptly vomited - now guess what is in the cheese melts? Yup - MILK! So I must have an intolerance to lactose/dairy products but I can eat hard cheese ok so at least I can get some protein in that way.
I feel dizzy and generally weak. Not surprising because I am hardly eating and I have lost another pound so down to 19st 11lb! Which is good but not so good as I am eating FUCK ALL!
I got a cab up to Whipps Cross and saw Betty. I filled her in (so to speak) on recent events and my urine still had ketones in as well as my blood. She liaised with the doctor and I am to stop my oral diabetic tablets and to restart on a low dose of Insulin. So from tomorrow I will start on 6units and monitor my Blood Sugars and if they rise I will slowly increase my insulin. The rationale for this is that should I go into a hypo on the oral tablet I am on it is harder to treat than a hypo on insulin particularly as I am eating ardly anything. I am not really happy to return to insulin but I will give it a go since I am seeing the Diabetic Consultant next week so I can discuss it with her then.
I popped to Asda on the way back to my flat and bought some Lactose Free milk and some Rice Milk too to try plus some other Soya bits and pieces.
So I got home and made a cup of tea with the milk and some sweetener and promptly vomited it back up. I also reckon that I am intolerant to Aspartame too as I had another cup of tea with the same Lactose Free milk and NO sweeteners and still I vomited it up - now is it the milk or is it the caffeine in the tea????
I am hoping that once my new pouch gets used to things and settles down that I can introduce regular milk and aspartame containing drink back into my diet.
Feeling tired, drained and down but a little more positive now.
Rick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment