Saturday, 10 January 2009

Diabetic Retinopathy Results!

I got a copy of the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Results I went for on Monday and all is well in my right eye but in my left eye I have Background Retinopathy Grade 1 and also non-referrable maculopathy - although the letter states I have nothing to worry about it indicates that I have got poor diabetic control and the only way to prevent things getting worse is to improve control.

My blood sugars used to be between 15 and 25 and now they rarely go over 7!

I would say that although I am still diabetic, the control is much better and I am hoping on my next Diabetic Retinopathy Screening in 2010 things stay the same.

In fact my last HbA1C was 12.7%, and the normal should be about 6.5%! That indicates very poor diabetic control.

I see Betty, the diabetic nurse, again on Monday and will look forward to seeing whether my recent HbA1C blood test has decreased since it is an average measure of the past 3-months diabetic control.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment